The College is committed to providing opportunities within and outside school hours for students to be extended academically and socially.It is for this reason that the College has instigated two new academic clubs.These clubs have been created to reflect the college’s commitment to academic excellence and the state and federal government’s focus in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics).
THE HIGH FLYERS (for years 7 to 10) and the NINETIES CLUB (for years 11 and 12)
THE HIGH FLYERS CLUB
The selection criteria used to select students for the High Flyers are as follows:
- An “A” grade result in Semester 2, in Mathematics, English, Science and HASS (Humanities and Social Science)
- A ranking in the top students in their year group .
- An excellent behaviour and attendance record at the college.
THE NINETIES CLUB
The Nineties Club selection criteria is that students have a predicted ATAR of g0 or above
calculated from the Semester 2 reports.
All students will be expected to:
- Participate in excursions and workshops twice each term. These excursions and workshops may be during class time or after school hours with staff.
- Participate in state and national academic competitions.
- Represent Greenwood College as an ambassador in the wider community.
The College is committed to providing opportunities within and outside school hours for students to be extended academically and socially and all costs will be borne by the college.
We believe that students undertaking this program will benefit from the additional experiences and expertise accessed through these groups and will continue to develop their leadership and organisational skills.
The school will notify you if your son/daughter is eligible to participate in these clubs.