Since 2010, the College has been actively working towards establishing sister school relationships in Asia. The driving force has it beginnings in Federal and State government educational priorities. The Australian Curriculum promotes engagement with Asia enabling students to become Asia literate in the interests of facilitating harmony, understanding and co-operation between our biggest trading partners.
Timeline of Activities
- In April 2010, Greenwood College signed a Memorandum of Understanding with SMAN 8 Jakarta High School in Indonesia. The school made a brief visit to Greenwood College in 2012 including 5 teachers and 20 students. The main aim was to develop friendship and cooperation between the schools and promote mutual understanding and cultural awareness between Australia and Indonesia.
- In December 2012, Greenwood College signed a Memorandum of Understanding with Changxing Jinling Senior School in Zhejiang Province China.
- In 2013 and 2014 Greenwood staff visited Chanxing Jinling Senior School to initiate our partnership, explore future student and staff exchanges and promote potential learning opportunities for students from both schools.
- In 2014, Jinling staff made a four day visit to observe classes and gain an understanding of our school system .
- In September 2015, we will be enjoying our first STUDENT trip to Jinling Senior School.