SCIENCE AT GREENWOOD COLLEGE
At Greenwood College, our Science students are given opportunities to experience many extra activities such as:
- The National Chemistry Competition
- The Rio Tinto Big Science Competition
- The ICAS Science Competition
- Aurecon Bridge Building Competition
- The Siemens Science Experience
- The Lego Robotics competition
- Murdoch University in the “Be a Metallurgist for a Day” program
As well as visits to:
- Gravity Discovery Centre
- Marine Discovery Centre
- AQWA The Aquarium of WA
and we work with UWA in the SPICE program
Upper school students are given the opportunity to attend free after-school help in Chemistry, Physics and Human Biology.
In 2015 a new Science club offers interested students the opportunity to work on a variety of projects.
We also actively work with local primary schools by running programs that stimulate kids’ interests, and assist primary school teachers in meeting the requirements of the Australian Science Curriculum.
To assist parents and students outside of school we have site license access to COSMOS Science Magazine and a great educational resource called Echalk. Resources, programs and other material can be accessed by students from home via the school Moodle website.