Vocational Education and Training (VET)
Keep up to date with latest information from the TAFEs
Mrs Fiona Gatey – Manager
Vocational Education & Training
“My job at Greenwood College is to help students in their successful transition from school to University, TAFE, Apprenticeships and or employment. VET programs at Greenwood College give our students the best opportunity to reach their career goals. Upper school subject selection is a major part of my portfolio as this ties in with the career counselling process required to guide students into the most appropriate career pathway. For parents and students, I have put together a series of links which will hopefully give you a one stop access to information that will help you with your son or daughter’s transition from school to the world of work”
This website offers a range of support for young job seekers and workers and their parents, teachers and advisers. It includes printable workbooks and tip sheets, recruitment insights from Australian employers, and information and links to Government resources. Information and resources are provided to help:
- learn about the different ways to contact employers about jobs
- explore the jobs and industries that might suit
- understand how to develop skills and build experience
- learn how to make a job application stand out to employers
- to adjust to the workforce and understand workplace rights and responsibilities.
- Year 11 and Year 12 students are invited to participate in a work experience program.
- Year 11 students are released one day a week from the 14th February until the 11 April WEDNESDAYS 2018.
- Year 12 students are released one day a week from the 9 May until the 27th June 2018.
Release from school is to be arranged with Ms Gatey in the VET office.
Parents and family members are encouraged to support students to experience work experience.
Apprenticeships and Traineeships
Occupational Health and Safety
Part time employment
General Career Links